21 November 2011

Molten lava cakes for two

Whenever I go out to dinner, I try to seal my meal with a delightful dessert, in the chocolate field; Molten lava cake is one of my favorites. Of course there are lazy Sundays in my pj's when all I want to do is watch a good movie and have some gooey dessert. So I find this recipe perfect for those days when only my sister and I are the only ones with this craving, since it's only for two and it's easy to multiply depending on the guests I have.

Molten lava cakes for two

(Of course, makes two)

  • 2 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate (I used Hershey's)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 3 tablespoons of flour

Preheat oven. Butter 2 pans and place them on a baking sheet. Microwave chocolate and butter in a bowl just a bit until the butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted; add sugar, egg, egg yolk and flour. Divide the batter among the pans. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until sides are firm and centers are soft. Let stand for a couple of minutes and then carefully run a knife around the cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto the plates and serve immediately. You can serve with ice cream if you want or just some powdered sugar and some mint leaves or a strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment